Thursday, November 6, 2008
The Last ohh-rah
Mark is DONE with the Marines and I could not be happier! His last drill was the Marine Ball, this is when they celebrate the Marines Birthday. This year is their 233rd Birthday!! It was on Monday in Wendover and the Rainbow Hotel and Casino. Ben and Malory(brother and sister-in-laws) came cause Ben was the DJ, Malory watched her two kids plus Taylor in the hotel room!! I am glad she was there and willing to take on such a task. At one point I went up to check on things and Taylor and Ethan were taking turns crying! Since this was Mark's last drill he decided to be in the ceremony doing sword detail... I think that is what it is called. The ceremony was long, the guest of honor was only supposed to talk for 10 minutes but he went on and on for just about an hour, meanwhile Mark and a lot of other Marines are stanidng at attention. After that we ate, then dancing started. In the past we have had a blast dancing with Mark's friends but none of them where there. Mark did not want to dance so finally I decided to just dance without him... I was the only one on the stage!! That was until a whole bunch of drunk ladies came over. During one line dance they kept telling me I was off... yet I was the only sober one. I finally got annoyed and went and sat down. Mark and Ben where laughing because none of them where together and they were all holding drinks. What a night...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Well, you answered all the questions I had for you...I think lol. I am so happy for you and Mark and Tay! No more military worries. I love seeing what's going on, and your dress was so cute for the ball ha ha ;) Tay is getting so big, I really hope we can make it home for Christmas. I'm so worried she won't remember me :( I miss you all so much, and love you with all my heart! Glad you've finally got to catch your breath after a crazy weekend :)
Post a Comment