Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Update on New Baby Sandgren
So, in July I took a pregnancy test... it was positive! I called the doctor scheduled my first appointment. When I was about 4 weeks along I spotted for two days, called the doctor they said not to worry, I did for a couple days but stopped because I felt like this baby was meant to be with us. As I prayed I got the feeling that this baby was eagerly awaiting its time to come to earth. Well, a couple weeks went by! I was nine weeks along when my first appointment got cancelled...grr I was annoyed. A week later my rescheduled appointment got cancelled and was told my doctor was taking a leave of absenses. So, I got reschedule with a new doctor for the next week. This appointment never got cancelled and I finally made it to my first appointment. During this appointment the docter could not find a heartbeat... and since I bled they decided I had better have an ultrasound to check everything out. Before we left he told me my uterus only felt about 9 weeks along... we thought I was 12. So, we went and got an ultrasound, this is where we where informed that we where off on our dates... okay but by how much? Our baby was only measuring 6 WEEKS... which means it was conceived early August. Also the heartbeat was only at 117 and had to be moniter until it got to 120 I told her I had a positive pregnancy test in July... hmm. Well, she said I could have miscarried and got pregnant with a couple of weeks. The next week I went back in and it was up to 142!! At this time I found out my doctor was back and was taken to her office. Looking at my ultrasound she tells me baby is healthy... thank goodness! She also has no explanation to what happened... still dont know for sure what happened. We where just happy to have a healthy baby, with a little frustration to learn that I was 5 weeks less then I thought. 4 weeks later went back in for my regular scheduled visit and we could not hear the heartbeat, being only 10 weeks my doctor was not too worried. So today I went back in the make sure we could hear it and we did!!! This pregnancy has been for more stressful then the first, but am finally glad to know everything is progressing and doing well. This puts me due on May 1st!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I had no idea this was all happening! I'm sorry! That's so stressful. But I'm glad that things are going better now!
I'm so glad that things are going better! Your due date is the same as mine was with Aliya :D. We'll keep you in our prayers!
Gah... that is a lot of doctors and a lot of date-switching! How frustrating. But... how totally awesome that there's going to be another mini-Jesi-Mark running around! And YAY for May babies (I'm one)!
so weird, so stressful! but i'm glad everything's fine now, and excited that our babies will be so close in age! good luck--hopefully no more surprises for you.
Wow, I didn't know all that was going on, either. I'm excited for you to have a May baby, although I'm a little bummed that our due dates aren't as close together as we thought. Good luck! Hoping for a very uneventful pregnancy from here on out!
Congratulations!!! Whoohoo! That is so strange! Sorry about the stress... that had to have been hard, but I'm glad everything is well for you!
Post a Comment