Mark, Jesi, Taylor Grayce and Madison Danielle

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spectrum 10k

Last Saturday my Dad, Mark and I ran in a 10k. It started up Snow Canyon and ends in the city of Ivins. The first 3 miles are so pretty, the canyon is amazing. Then you come and and finish running through the streets and end at the church. Running in races is so much fun I love it. Mark is always waaaay ahead of us, his long legs kill me!! Dad and I run together, which is so much fun cause he is the one who got me into running. This year was different cause Dad had been sick for days and he was even up the night before the race sick. His thick head was going to run anyway... I felt so bad cause I think he ran just for me. Throughout the whole race he had cramps in his stomach, and could not run and full pace. I stayed with him until mile 5 when he told me to take it in strong. I cant lie I was so excited cause I wanted to pass someone people and make up some time. I sprinted from just past 5 miles to the end... thought I was going to throw up! I came in at 60 minutes, okay but I would have been happier at 57! Mark came in at 44 minutes and Dad came in at 62.


Sprinting towards the end! Mark finishing




Us at mile 3!














3 comments:

Vance and Kristy said...

That's awesome! I always envy people who can run like that. What an accomplishment!!

Robbie & Jamie Burnham Family said...

WOW!! So impressive. I don't think I can even run a block, nor do I have the desire to honestly, but I think it's awesome that you can do that as a family.

Jordan and Heidi Jensen said...

holy crap jes!! i'm so proud of you!!! that's AWESOME!!! 60 min??!!
i just found your blog and it was so fun to see your pic's! taylor is so dang cute!!! what an adorable little fam!!! miss you guys! lol
Heidi